Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Count Team Member in our Gaming Operations department. This is a hourly position which includes early morning shifts approximate start time 9:15 am.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager, Cash Operations, the Count Team member is responsible for the accurate counting of cash assets in the count room and the movement of cash assets from the gaming floor to the Cashier Cage.
Duties and responsibilities for our Count Team include:
- Organizes and secures storage of count carts, drop boxes, drop buckets and bill cassettes for count pulls (First 3 hours)
- First 3 hours of the shift includes: placement and retrieval of slot machine cash cassettes (metal and plastic boxes) that capture money
- Pulling out of machines and replacing with new empty boxes
- Counts currency in the count room
- Performs cash and cash equivalent counts for all slot machines and self-redemption machines.
- Reports unsecured and suspect counterfeit cash/cash equivalents
- Verifies and reconcile drop boxes and cash cassettes before and after counts
- Maintains and executes regular preventative maintenance schedule and testing for all cash handling equipment.
- Bags, bundles, wraps, transports and secures coin currency and bills as per management instructions
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of all departmental policies and procedures
- Participate in a professional, constructive and supportive environment for all Casino staff with an attention to open communication and a team concept. Teams work in a small confined workspace.
- Preserve Casino and guest confidentiality while at work and away from work in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Comply and ensure team members comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee through the Human Resources Policy Manual and its periodic updates.
- Familiarize him or herself with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to this position, and how this job description aligns with specific internal control activities
- Must adhere to all HEI, BCLC and HR policies as they relate to functions of the position.
- Must adhere to Casino Standards Policies and Procedures (CSPP) as required by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Candidates must be available to work flexible work hours during the day for 8 hour shifts.
- Any other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Must have Serving It Right certification
- Experience working with high cash volumes is preferred
- Must have the ability to operate adding machines, currency counters and other related equipment
- Ability to work well in a team environment with strong communication skills
- Ready and willing to work a flexible schedule consisting primarily of early morning shifts
- Must present a professional appearance and be able to work in a loud, stimulating environment
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.