Ontario Gaming GTA L.P. is seeking a Senior Gaming Analyst!
Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the OGGTA marketing team, with Great Canadian Gaming Corporation as the operating partner!
This position is responsible for compiling and analyzing data and for making recommendations for effective strategies for player retention, revenue growth, and cost optimization. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, motivates and leads by example, and provides a learning environment. Takes a leadership role by providing effective coaching and guidance to junior analysts, ensuring a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation(TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle").
The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Partnership will bring considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and strategic repositioning of the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
As our ideal candidate, you are a subject matter expert and confident leader with the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the following responsibilities in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Supports the tracking and reporting of results of individual player metrics and overall casino performance;
- Supports the tracking and reporting of results of marketing campaigns in terms of effectiveness and event participation (e.g., revenue generation, redemption percentage, ROI);
- Provides analysis, strategies and recommendations for key stakeholders;
- Reviews business processes and systems for improvements in accuracy, efficacy and efficiency;
- Works closely with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality and performance. Respond promptly and fully to requests from executives or operating managers for ad hoc analyses, reports and other management information services on a consultative basis;
- Collaborates with various cross-function teams to achieve business results;
- Supports and manages ongoing EFM vendor service delivery including Guest Experience Survey program and ad-hoc surveys;
- Ensure compliance with all data management policy and procedure including crown corporation partners;
- Assists operations with streamlining and automating processes such as player ratings, auditing and tracking;
- Other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in either science, technology, engineering, math, economics, business, statistics or an equivalent field with a focus on business intelligence & analytics;
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in business intelligence/data analytics;
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written & verbal English in order to deliver analytical insights to stakeholder groups;
- Knowledge of SQL, SSRS, Cognos;
- Knowledge of statistical concepts in support of analysis and reporting;
- Hands on knowledge of writing SQL is a must;
- Candidate is expected to write SQL code and be a mentor for other analysts on SQL;
- SQL Query optimization and experience with the MS SQL Server technologies is a must;
- MS SQL Server (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, SSAS etc.) with 2-4 years’ experience;
- BI tools (Tableau, Cognos, MSPowerBI or other BI tools) experience a plus;
- Good working knowledge of R;
- A curious analytical mind, strong attention to detail and quick learner, ability and willingness to work under a strictly regulated data management environment an asset.
How to apply: Please submit applications by Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 to Carly Sorensen, Human Resources Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
OGGTA will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.