Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 9:00am every day and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking a highly competent and motivating leader interested in furthering their career within the Racing and Gaming industry as Manager, Gaming Operations.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the General Manager, the Manager, Gaming Operations will be responsible for the management and profitability of the Gaming department. This individual will also be responsible for organizing, coordinating, and managing the Gaming team, monitoring and maintaining compliance, evaluating operational procedures, recommending and implementing changes.
The successful candidate will:
- Help provide leadership, direction and mentoring to Gaming Operations
- Develop performance objectives and deliver performance evaluations for direct reports
- Uphold exceptional guest service at all times
- Strategic planning for Gaming Operations that align with the company’s strategic goals and objectives
- Assist in overseeing slot data systems (SDS) and changes to the floor plan (if applicable)
- Assist in developing and implementing promotions
- Review revenue and labour reports and makes recommendations on opportunities for efficiencies
- Resolve guest disputes; reports irregularities, disputes and suspicious activities; reviews and prepares CSR Incident Reports
- Prepare and submits various reports that are both analytical and business development oriented
- Develop and maintains strong working relationship with BCLC
- Work closely with team members to ensure compliance regulations are met and address all deficiencies through proper corrective action in a timely manner
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develop and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders, guests and team members
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A thorough knowledge of all gaming procedures and equipment
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience
- Excellent guest relations, team member relations and administrative skills
- Able to lead a very busy environment, treating others in a respectful and courteous manner
- Able to manage a large variety of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Be able to successfully delegate to grow and develop internal talent
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office programs, proficiency in Excel and Outlook
- An understanding of the close working relationship with all BCLC team members and a thorough knowledge of the BCLC Policy & Procedures as they apply to gaming.
- The flexibility to perform duties at the highest level in a constantly changing, exciting and evolving gaming business
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- A passion for creating Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
- Strong organizational skills
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.