Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking an individual interested in furthering their career within the Food and Beverage industry. At this time, we are accepting applications for a Food and Beverage Supervisor; this is an hourly, full-time seasonal position. This position requires constant walking, standing, bending and lifting. Candidates must be willing to work primarily evening and late night shifts and must work well under pressure and as part of a professional team.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage, this position is responsible for the supervision, assistance, and guidance of F&B employees. Part of your duties in this role includes:
- Liaising with the Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chefs, F&B Manager and F&B Assistant Manager
- Providing support to the Manager, Sales & Catering in regards to group events, and major events over the Live Racing season
- Responsible for assigning work stations, conducting pre-shifts and actively supervise team members on a shift-to-shift basis.
- Responsible for group setups and execution of banquet event orders
- Supervising, guiding and assist Food & Beverage and any other employee (s) as assigned, ensuring they are observing and complying with all company policies, regulations and procedures.
- Maintaining a strong client relationship and ensure that all specifications are met
- Reporting all maintenance, repair or housekeeping concerns to the appropriate department immediately
- Respond to all customer comments and complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Resolve any issues detrimental to the effective operation of the Food & Beverage department
- Reviewing employees’ performance on a regular basis, and assisting in developing their knowledge, confidence and effectiveness
- Prepare written reports detailing current operations expenses and operational changes
- Assisting with month end inventories
- Full knowledge of closing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Undertaking any other issues as requested by the Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management and/or Supervisory skills and experience, particularly in F&B
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record and credit check as set out by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Previous management or supervisory experience in a unionized operations is an asset
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Micros POS
- Very strong inter-personal and communication skills, including good oral and written English and the ability to work in a “team” setting
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision; adaptability
- Must have Serving It Right certification and FoodSafe
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.