Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
Full-Time Security Supervisor
Purpose of Job
The Security Supervisor is responsible in assisting the Manager of Security, while handling the daily organization and running of the Security Shift. The supervisor ensures there are sufficient security personnel scheduled on shift to enable them to perform their duties effectively. Security supervisors also play an integral role in maintaining the overall security and protection of the Casino in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures and New Brunswick Lotteries and Gaming Corporation (NBLGC) terms and conditions pertaining to the operation of the casino.
- Maintain a valid Gaming Control Registration
- Reports to the Manager of Security
- To ensure that any violation or suspected violations of internal controls, applicable legislation, NBLGC and site/departmental policies and procedures are logged accordingly and reported to the Director of Security as soon as possible
- To ensure all irregular, unusual, suspicious, or illegal activities are logged and reported as soon as possible
- To keep the Security Manager aware of any employee development requirements
- To utilize the department’s resources effectively to ensure all work priorities, under normal and excessive workload conditions, are met
- To train staff on emergency procedures as required
- To assist the Security Manager in the development of employee competence, morale and efficiency, as required
- To ensure that all security equipment is operational and to report any malfunctions to the Director of Security
- To maintain an effective rapport with the local Law Enforcement Agencies
- To maintain an effective rapport with the NBLGC and its authorized representatives
- To ensure that all security personnel are fully briefed prior to each shift, as required
- To process all information, as required
- To ensure that the Security Manager is presented with all statistical information, as required
- To ensure the accurate recording of all activities, as required, in the appropriate logs and reports
- To peruse all written work generated by Security Officers on a daily basis to ensure a satisfactory level and standard of reporting is achieved and maintained
- To comply with all company rules, regulations, policies and procedures at all times
- To safeguard all confidential information and to exercise due care to prevent its improper disclosure or use
- To perform all duties as per the Casino Security Officer’s position description as required
- Ensure that responsible beverage service is adhered to. Assess suspected intoxicated guests and remove from property ensuring safe transportation to their destination.
- To perform duties pursuant to Emergency Medical Responder training
- The Supervisor shall be responsible for the overall operation, administration, and supervision of the shift to which he/she are assigned and shall oversee that those who are under his/her command perform their respective duties
- The Security Supervisor shall monitor and observe that the personnel under his/her supervision conduct themselves in a pleasant, professional manner towards the guests in the Casino, their fellow employees and other persons with whom they come in contact
- The Security Supervisor shall investigate and oversee all occurrences that could impact on the company in a negative manner, i.e. slips, falls, injuries, deaths, negligence, internal thefts and property damage.
- To execute other duties as directed by the Security Manager
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), regulations, and internal health and safety policies and procedures
- Attend required safety training programs and apply knowledge gained from these training sessions
- Report all injuries, accidents and unusual conditions immediately to the Security Manager
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of all individuals in the Casino;
- Monitors and supervises all employee activity to ensure conduct of all gaming operations in accordance with NBLGC Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures and those established by the Service Provider;
- Supervises and directs Security Officers (team member administration);
- Ensures all reporting processes are adhered to and submitted to appropriate department(s);
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality of all information pertaining to the Casino site and employees/patrons therein;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meets and greet customers;
- Provides information to customers;
- Handles complaints
- Work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. We are an approved 24x7 operation
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be physically capable (i.e. work shifts, stand for long period of time)
- Physical Ability: Security Officers and Supervisors often have to handle and transport materials that are over 25lbs.
- Knowledge and Skills Required
- High school diploma or work related equivalent
- Previous security related experience preferred, previous supervisory experience required
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented environment, and be able to function independently also
- Ability to work in a physically demanding area and be familiar with a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Willing to submit to a criminal record check with results acceptable to our organization, standards and position, and/or obtain and maintain an NBLGC license registration
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada
- Must be 19 years of age or older
Along with competitive salaries, Casino NB also offers comprehensive Health Benefits, company matching RRSP, Paid Personal Time off Days, an employee assistance program and various corporate discounts for qualifying part-time and full-time team members.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.