Do you like having fun at work? As Halifax's premiere entertainment destination, Casino Nova Scotia-Halifax is all about fun! After all, we are Atlantic Canada's Biggest Deal!
When you join our team you are joining one of the largest hospitality teams in the Atlantic region. Halifax, the capital of Nova Scotia and the largest city in the Atlantic Provinces, is the major urban centre of the Maritimes. Our upbeat entertainment venue is ideally located in downtown Halifax adjacent to the charming Historic Properties. Our central location makes us easy to access by car, transit, or ferry.
We are a regional leader in the hospitality and entertainment industry and we credit this success to our employees who take great pride in helping to create great experiences and memories for our guests. We offer our guests the thrill of gaming excitement with the latest in slots action and variety of table games. We also offer live entertainment and a variety of dining options.
As an employer we are community minded and support many local charities and non-profit organizations. Along with competitive wages we offer great benefits, great opportunities to advance your career, great employee recognition programs and great social activities.
Under the direction of the Cage management and supervisory team and with the guidance of the Lead Count Room Attendant, this position is responsible for pick up and securing the bill validator drop and/or the table games drop and ensuring its accountability.
- Removes bill validators from slot machines
- Ensure that all drops are transferred to the count room areas with a security escort
- Empties bill validators and table games drop boxes
- Transfers assets to the proper department
- Participates in the physical count of all currency from the casino floor and balances CTK & other drops as assigned and bank receipts.
- Ensures all drop processing is completed efficiently, accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Exemplifies the four GEM steps and creates Great Experiences and Memories
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, employees, vendors and regulators
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
- Previous experience preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills and able to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Must possess strong observational skills and be able to grasp concepts quickly.
- Required to organize/prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Available to work any shift - schedule flexibility required.Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must posses good mathematical skills, including efficiency and in accurate counting and attention to detail.
- Must be able to complete Cage and Slots and/or Count Room training.
Please apply online now or you can e-mail your resume to email@example.com Please state the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at Casino Nova Scotia. To start creating your great experiences and memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!