Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Customer Service Representative to join our Guest Services Department, under the supervision of the Manager, Guest Services/HPI. This hourly seasonal position includes Live Race days, hours varies.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sell programs and forms at designated points of sale throughout the racecourse; perform related duties (including but not limited to: accounting/reconciliation of assigned monies and inventory as well as delivery and return of assigned programs)
- Deliver floats, skims, deposits and/or other assigned monies to the Money Room, Admissions offices and/or points of sale
- Assist in the recording and tracking of coupon redemptions and information re: marketing initiatives
- Proactively answer questions and provide information/assistance to patrons re horse racing / wagering / as well as racecourse promotions, events and services
- Help keep the box-seating areas clean and orderly and attend to the needs and concerns of those who own and/or rent box seating
- On race days assist in patio and box seat rentals / escort guests to rented patio table or box seat
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education, Super Host, Computer literacy
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record and credit check by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Must have Serving It Right certification
- Very strong customer service, inter-personal and communication skills, including good oral and written English and the ability to work in a “team” setting
- Excellent cash-handling abilities (must be bondable); prior work experience in a large, high-volume hospitality/entertainment venue preferred
- A high level of accuracy, especially with figures, and very good attention to detail; basic accounting skills an asset
- Ability to multi-task and focus (while maintaining speed) in a busy, fast-paced environment; good organizational abilities
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision; adaptability
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.