Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core,our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Under the direction of the Banquet Captain(s), Manager Catering & Banquets the Banquet Service is responsible for exceptional and quality food and beverage service to banquet guests, including the set-up of table service. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Provides exceptional guest service to casino guests
- Provides full table service following established standards of service
- Cleans, buses and sets tables
- Performs other cleaning duties as required, including server side duties
- Occasionally required to work shifts as an Entertainment Host, as needed
- Works as a member of the team and provides support to co-workers on shift to ensure an overall positive guest experience for all casino guests
- Provides efficient and exceptional service to our guests in a friendly, professional and positive manner at all times as they are ambassadors of Casino Nova Scotia
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious in demeanor
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent is required
- Completion of the Responsible Service Certificate “Serve Right - it’s just good business” is required
- Previous serving experience is required, previous banquet experience is an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required
- Ability to work majority of shift while standing/lifting trays of up to 50lbs at shoulder level, is required
- Ability to work in a host capacity during various entertainment functions, is required
- Must be able to work quickly while under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Must be pleasant, positive, well-organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task
- Must be neat, clean and professional with your appearance
- Must be able to communicate well with your fellow team members
- Must be able to commit to offering our guests the highest level of guest service
- Must be friendly, detailed oriented, fun and outgoing!