River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is seeking an energetic, guest focused Human Resources professional to join our team. This position is responsible for delivering a variety of HR services to the site, including coordinating team member requests and changes, as well as providing support to the overall HR team. A focus of this team member will be to contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all team member and to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
The successful candidate may be responsible for the following:
- Enters and maintains respective site JDE HRIS duties; new team member entries, current team member changes, compliance tracking and running reports
- Processes HR paperwork and maintains site files
- Administers team member benefits registration
- Assists in the recruitment of all team members
- Runs workforce analytics reports through Cognos
- Processes voluntary terminations and Performance Improvement / Skills Improvement Reports
- Participates in the set up and take down of the Orientation sessions, including site tours
- Creates and compiles content for the RRCR Newsletter
- Maintains lists of regulatory requirements
- Responds to employment verification requests
- Provides HR advice and support to all team members and site managers
- Prepares internal correspondence and communications as directed
- Assists in the compilation and preparation for the monthly OHS Committee Meetings
- Coordinates and helps drive the site GEM program
- Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Complies with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Provides coverage for other members of the HR team when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in Human Resources or administrative support experience
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office programs.
- Ability to deliver excellent guest service at all levels of the organization, and externally.
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Listens thoroughly to issues and responds appropriately; demonstrates assertiveness when appropriate.
- Maintains and exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in giving out information.
- A CHRP or other HR designation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of JDE or HRIS an asset
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule. The scheduled hours of work will be based on business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8