The Manager, Internal Audit administratively reports to the Vice President Legal and functionally reports to Great Canadian Gaming Corporation’s Director, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management. This position assists in the execution of the Corporate Internal Audit plan for the Company and in driving transformational audit programs in accordance with professional and operational best practices. Directly responsible for performing and leading the audit team in planning, conducting and reviewing internal audits as well as participating in consulting engagements this position requires an excellent command of English, both spoken and written. A collaborative team player who leads by example while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation(TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle").
The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Company will bring considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and strategic repositioning of the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
- Conducts audits using current industry frameworks such as COSO and COBIT and in adherence with the IIA Professional Standards
- Responsible for all aspects of the audit engagement: planning, fieldwork, recommendations and report writing, both in performing and leading the audit team.
- Identifies and communicates areas of risk
- Assists in annual external audit duties
- Assists in the review of Internal Audit engagements
- Evaluates findings and provides recommendations to stakeholders
- Collaborates with Great Canadian Gaming Corporation’s Director, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management in the development of the annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan and Audit Programs for the Company
- Develops and utilizes Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and Continuous Auditing Techniques
- Assists with driving department transformation programs which may include implementing risk based auditing approaches, streamlining processes and documentation, improving indicators and performance metrics, developing audit training and development, enhancing reporting processes
- Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Complies with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and talents:
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance/audit or suitable combination of education and experience
- CPA and CIA designations required, CFE or CISA designations are assets
- Demonstrated experience with CEO/CFO Certifications
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy in MS Office, ACL Analytics & GRC, CAATs and Visio
- Strong organizational skills to meet multiple obligations in a busy deadline oriented environment
- Willingness to travel, possession of vehicle and a valid Driver’s Licence is required
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct audit and business experience and advanced knowledge of internal audit processes with a professional audit team using a modern risk-based approach and methodologies in a complex organizational environment.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are encouraged to advise if accommodation is required.