Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, this position is responsible for planning and conducting internal audits as well as participating in consulting and other engagements as required, in accordance with professional and operational best practices.. It includes testing the effectiveness of internal controls, evaluating findings and providing recommendations to stakeholders, performing data analytics, business process evaluation, documentation and reporting.. An excellent command of English, both spoken and written, is mandatory. As part of the team, , Internal Auditors will contribute to a safe and welcoming environment for all employees by ensuring adherence to all provincial and internal controls, regulations, policies and procedures.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation (TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle").
The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Company will bring considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and strategic repositioning of the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
- Conducts audits using current industry frameworks such as COSO and COBIT and in adherence with the IIA Professional Standards
- Responsible for all aspects of audit and other engagements including; planning, fieldwork, recommendations and report writing
- Performs process walkthroughs and documents or charts findings
- Identifies and communicates areas of risk
- Assists in annual external audit duties as assigned
- Evaluates findings and provides recommendations to stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Complies with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and talents:
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance/audit or suitable combination of education and experience
- CIA designation required (CFE or CISA designations are considered assets)
- CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation, or advanced standing in the CPA program is required
- Experience with CEO/CFO Certifications
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy in MS Office,; ACL Analytics & GRC, Visio and/or other technology related tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel, possession of vehicle and a valid Driver’s Licence is required
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in external or internal audit using a modern risk based approach and methodologies
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are encouraged to advise if accommodation is required.