River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for a detail-oriented Count Team Attendant. Our Count Team Attendant must be able to work both independently and in a team environment to collect and count currency and chips, verify and process cash boxes from Table Games, Poker and Slots.
Duties and responsibilities for our Count Team include:
- Counting bills, coins and cash equivalents
- Organizing and securing the storage of count carts, cash boxes, and cassettes for count pulls
- Transports all collected cash boxes/cassettes to the Count Room
- Operates automated money counter equipment to count and process tickets/currency that were removed from all the cash boxes/cassettes
- Reporting suspect cash and cash equivalents
- Verifying and reconciling before and after counts
- Bagging, bundling, securing and transporting counts
- Providing information for reporting purposes
- Complete daily maintenance of all money counter equipment
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external guests
- Complying with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma; post secondary education an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience in high volume cash handling and counting
- Ability to use physical exertion to push, pull, and lift boxes filled with currency and chips on a consistent basis
- Ability to use physical exertion to push and pull carts on a consistent basis
- Ability to stand and walk for all periods of time on a consistent basis
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items on a consistent basis
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine and money counter.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand, speak and write English
- Serving It Right Certification or the ability to achieve a Serving It Right Certification
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early shifts, graveyards, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8