Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Under the direction of the Slot Floor Supervisor(s) and Slot Shift Manager(s) the Guest Services Representative is responsible for providing exceptional guest services at the Guest Services Desk and the gaming floor to enhance guest experiences, and is often the first point of contact for casino guests.
Must be collaborative, must excel at multi-tasking and must display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Contributes to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Motivates, leads by example and provides a learning environment. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Greet and welcome each guest to the gaming floor as they arrive using a friendly gesture
- Display the drive and passion to deliver an exceptional guest experience
- Ensure Casino guests know that they are valuable and that we appreciate their loyalty
- Greet guests by name with a warm and welcoming smile as they approach Guest Services, while displaying open and positive body language at all times
- Keeps up to date with current and upcoming promotions and launches
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of the Players Club Program
- Encourage new Players Club sign-ups and communicates the value of the program
- Work towards continuous improvement and quality
- Exceed the expectations of all guests (both internal and external) by responding attentively, efficiently and politely to all guests requests, concerns or needs
- Knowledge of all casino services, as well as the Halifax area, with the ability to promote and direct guests to these areas
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, providing exceptional guest service
- Ability to work within and promote an innovative and multi-tasked environment
- Consistently anticipate and address guests service needs
- Makes regular gaming floor announcements with flare
- Go the extra mile for our guests with friendly service and thoughtful gestures that create lasting connections
- Execute promotions (either from the Desk or on the gaming floor)
- Responsible for issued keys and float contracts signed out via the Casino Cage
- Assist guests with Power Rewards (up-loading free play) – including a thorough knowledge of the program
- Actively seek out opportunities to enhance guest experiences on the gaming floor via explaining e-promo, Players Club program, parking, signing up new guests for the Players Club program and explain the benefits that come along with signing up and promoting in-house promotions
- Sell show tickets via Ticket Atlantic
- Promote positive relations with tour buses and/or groups that visit the casino
- Answer incoming calls from the casino and marketing phone lines using appropriate etiquette
- Work closely with Executive Host(s) to ensure events are executed including RSVP’s
- Ability to turn a negative guest issue or concern into a positive one
- Ability to handle a difficult guest situation
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, employees, vendors and regulators
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- Find ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious in your demeanor
- Choose to make everyday a great day
- Stay focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to be comfortable speaking in front of groups is required
- NSAGD License is required
- Demonstrated ability to create an exceptional guest experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain respectful departmental relationships is required
- Demonstrated ability to be comfortable interacting one-on-one with customers is required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills is required
- 1 year computer experience is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to display open and positive body language at all times is required
- Concierge or front desk experience is preferred
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age to apply to Casino Nova Scotia