This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Casino Operating Services Agreement (COSA) & The Gaming Policies (“OLG Contracts”) and deliverables for the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) bundle. Under the direction of the Vice President, Legal, this position is responsible for the research and development of Ontario processes, policy and procedures; analysis of and reporting on deliverables, audits and other monitoring/reporting activities conducted by gaming operations and not limited to anti-money laundering and securities regulators; ensuring internal policy and procedures related to gaming operations comply with regulatory requirements; communications and issues management related to the OLG contracts, special projects management; regulatory stakeholder liaison; and program evaluation for efficiency. Motivates and leads by example and provides a learning environment while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation(TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle").
The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Partnership will bring considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and strategic repositioning of the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
As our ideal candidate, you are a subject matter expert and confident leader with the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the following responsibilities in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing outstanding customer service;
- Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day;
- Researches, produces and maintains all internal policy and procedures related to OLG contracts;
- Audits internal policies and procedures against Ontario policies to ensure accuracy and compliance; liaises with gaming regulators and senior management to identify, interpret and clarify issues and updates; drafts new or revised documentation as directed; distributes accordingly; identifies training opportunities;
- Liaises with all provincial and federal regulatory agencies as the primary operational contact for site inquiries; assists with investigations; prepares and distributes reports and responses;
- Assists in the administration of OLG contracts and systems; liaises with contractors to resolves issues as escalated;
- Provides ad hoc reporting to corporate gaming directors as requested;
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate corporate and operational departments;
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, employees, management, contractors, vendors and regulators;
- Ensures and complies with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Provides general administrative assistance to the Operations & Compliance departments;
- Maintains files and records of all OLG and AGCO filings;
- Maintains the corporation’s contract and vendor database and ensures that all critical contract deliverables and deadlines are monitored and actioned;
- Assesses performance of key vendors; encourages vendor innovation; mitigates risk by removing poor performers from the vendor database;
- Researches and maintains database of assigned OLG contracts and the appropriate business owners; tracks deliverable performance and reviews change requests on a continuous basis;
- Prepares correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents on behalf of the Vice President, Legal and other departments, as requested;
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or a suitable combination of education and related experience in business contracts and administration, policy analysis, project management, program evaluation, analysis or related fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and deliver contract management
- Computer fluency in MS Office
- Technical writing or experience drafting policy and procedure manuals an asset
- Familiarity with provincial gaming control laws and federal anti-money laundering laws an asset
- Gaming industry experience an asset
Since the fun never stops candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule.
How to apply: Please submit applications by Monday January 22nd, 2018 to Tina Hineman, Human Resources at: email@example.com