Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Are you outgoing, friendly, and love to deliver exceptional customer service? Do you enjoy calculating numbers, memorizing combinations, and focusing on the details? Do you take pride in every game you deal and are eager to learn and master new games? Do you enjoy talking to guest about events and promotions? If yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
Under the direction of the Supervisor(s), Pit Manager(s), Table Games Manager the Dealer is responsible to conduct the play of table games in a professional, friendly, courteous, and entertaining manner while adhering to regulations, policies, and procedures. The Dealer will create a fun and exciting gaming atmosphere by applying skills, ability, and exceptional service to keep our valued customers coming back for more!
- Conducts live games on the casino floor professionally and as a team member
- Ensures compliance of all regulations, policies, and procedures
- Works closely with Supervisors and management staff to ensure a well-run gaming floor
- Promotes the Casino’s events, services, and promotions to all guests
- Assists players with game rules
- Promotes and maintains positive relations with all guests and staff
- Ensures the guest is being provided with superior customer service
- Commitment to learning what our customers’ needs and wants are
- Encourages mutual accountability in service and inspiring others
- Takes pride in work and willing to learn and master new games
- Protects the Company’s assets by securing cards, chips and cash; verifies all transactions and concentrates on table activities
- Maintains appropriate game pace and proper game security
- Specific duties vary depending on game (Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, Poker, Roulette, etc.)
- Contacts Supervisor to resolve disputes and game irregularities
- Finds ways to Play; you are serious about work, without being serious in your demeanor
- Chooses to make every day a great day
- Stays focused in order to Be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you Make their day
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent is required
- Strong basic mathematic skills required to determine winnings, losses, and game outcomes, is required
- Demonstrated aptitude to create an entertainment experience with guests is required
- Demonstrated aptitude to deliver the four principles of the FiSH! Philosophy is required
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills is required
- Proven sound judgement and decision-making skills is required
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, trustworthy, diligent in duties and responsibilities, and a team player
- Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to concentrate and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Consistent dealing of table games in a repetitive manner
- Must be available for training class January 15-19, January 22-26, 10am to 6pm (80 hours total)