Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Are you seeking an exciting new challenge? Are you passionate about providing premier level guest service? Do you revel in the finer details? Are you gregarious, outgoing and ready to grow our business? If you read this and have checked yes to all boxes, it is time to sharpen your pen for a cover letter that demands attention!
Under the direction of the Manager, Food & Beverage, this position is responsible for providing a premier level of guest service to Casino VIP guests in a fast paced environment. The VIP Ambassador will have an “above and beyond” attitude to guest service and is a dynamic and proactive person who takes initiative and maintains and builds the client base. S/he is collaborative, excels at multi-tasking, and must display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Above all else, s/he embraces and is aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with VIP players and potential new players
- Maintenance and Growth of Crown Room Players
- Acts as a resource for guests, management, and employees within the VIP areas: ensures the highest level of service and satisfaction in accordance with our GEM and FISH culture
- Demonstrates and represents the values of superior service
- Maintains complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Supports the marketing department with all VIP events and venue’s
- Provides beverage service following established standards of VIP service
- Provides food service designed for the Crown Room following established standards of VIP service
- Responsible for handling various financial transactions involving beverage service to guests
- Cleans and buses section
- Responsible for communicating any potential issues or concerns regarding responsible beverage service
- First point of contact for customer escalations including assessing situations for voiding or comping a meal to work in partnership with Crown Room MOD and F&B MOD
- Responsible for basic shift training and orientation for new employees from time to time
- Responsible for ensuring basic opening or closing duties/checklist is completed, following up with co-workers if necessary
- Works as a member of the team and provides support to co-workers on shift to ensure an overall exceptional guest experience for all casino guests
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Exemplifies the four GEM steps and creates Great Experiences and Memories
- Finds ways to Play; you are serious about work, without being serious
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to Be There
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you Make Their Day
- Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Certificate in Responsible Beverage Service required
- University degree or Community College diploma in Public Relations, Marketing, Hospitality Services, or Travel and Tourism preferred
- 3 - 5 years of VIP Services experience required
- Proven leadership skills and qualities required
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Cash handling experience required
- Point of sales experience required; Micros knowledge is an asset
- Minimum of one year food and beverage serving experience in either a bar or restaurant setting required
- Excellent knowledge of Spirit, Wine and Beer required
- Ability to stand and carry a tray for the duration of a shift required
- Works quickly and efficiently under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment
- The schedule for this position will have non-traditional work hours such as long days, at times six days per week, including weekends, holidays, and evenings therefore schedule flexibility is required.
- Pleasant, positive, and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Strong sales and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Communicates well with team members
- Must be able to commit to offering our guests the highest level of guest service
- Excellent GEM skills
- Permanent employment is dependent upon the authorization and continued approval of the Provincial/State Regulatory Bodies