River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is recruiting for a Sales and Catering Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of supporting sales and catering. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, develops strong relationships with the sales team and hotel operations, food and beverage and banquets. Other responsibilities include:
- Responds to inquiries (phone/email) and directs to the appropriate managers.
- Advises the guest/client of available facilities, menus and pricing.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of events, guests, orders, payments and expenses
- Creates the Banquet Event Order for each event in conjunction with the Manager, Sales and Catering
- Compile and distribute Sales and Catering Reports
- Coordinate and attend Sales and Catering meetings
- Assists with mail outs and other sales initiatives
- Manages and resolves guest issues efficiently and promptly
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post Secondary education or suitable combination of education and experience
- SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Opera/Fidelio, Micros an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills
- Extremely detail oriented and great time management.
- Self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8