Team up with the industry’s best and provide great guest experiences at Shorelines Casino Belleville!
Under the supervision of the Chef de Partie/1st Cook, this position is responsible for the execution of menu item production, maintaining all company standards and through adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcome work environment. Creates a Great and Memorable Experience for our guests and colleagues. An amazing new facility and experience awaits dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed and exceed guest expectations!
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares, pre-cooks, cooks and presents menu items in a timely fashion; following standardized recipes
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Receives stock from Receiving Operations, labels, dates, stores and rotates in appropriate storage areas
- Cleans culinary equipment after use and/or remove soiled equipment to the dish pit
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Takes orders over the counter at some locations
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Culinary education a plus
- Enrollment or completion of a Culinary Apprentice Program a plus
- Safe Food Handling Certificate; WHMIS; Smart Serve Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience
Since the fun never stops at Shorelines, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights, based on business needs.
Additional Information: Shorelines Casinos Belleville is located at 380 Bell Boulevard, Belleville ON, K8P 5H8. For information on living in Belleville, please visit https://bellevillechamber.ca/belleville/living-in-belleville/ and or http://belleville.ca/visitors/page/about-belleville.
Shorelines will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.