Elements Casino Victoria is the premier, one and only destination for entertainment. Good times are always on the table and exciting moments are around each corner. With a variety of entertainment, food, and beverage options everyone feels welcome at Elements Casino Victoria.
The team at Elements is all about creating extraordinary experiences: we greet guests by name, double down on customer service, and welcome everyone with a smile. We treat our team the same way too. We keep the stakes high by providing a comprehensive benefits package and the support you need to grow your career. If you want to join a company full of passionate, engaging, team players then this is the opportunity for you!
When you’re behind the table you’re in the center of the action. Deal the fun and spin the good times for our guests! Elements Casino Victoria is on the lookout for a Card Dealer in Training to join our Table Games team. If you are a people person who enjoys meeting new people, is up-beat, positive, outgoing and has a special knack for providing exceptional customer service, then this could be your next career move. The Card Dealer in Training will be responsible for providing dealing services to all our guests. If you are eager to demonstrate your exceptional guest services skills and thrive in a fast paced action packed environment then come join us! Get in the Game! It’s All You…
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional guest service while conducting all games in a precise, efficient and secure manner
- Maintaining game integrity and adhering to policies and procedures, licensing laws and statutory regulations
- Exchanging customer cash and promotional vouchers for equivalent value chips
- Controlling the order of play; closing bets at the appropriate time; maintaining table security
- Handle complimentary guest requests
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education an asset
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Adhere to the high standards, methods and procedures of gaming at Great Canadian Casinos
- Proven guest service skills
- Strong ability to follow policies, procedures and practices
- Manual dexterity and able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong communication & organizational skills
- Understanding of yourself as well as others when communicating with team members and guests
- A passion for providing the Essential Elements of Excellence Guest Service to our internal and external guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Serving it Right, or the ability to successfully obtain a Serving It Right certification
- Ability to successfully obtain a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
Potential candidates must successfully complete a ten day paid training course. The training will be for Blackjack which is entry level for Dealers. Courses are conducted by Great Canadian Casinos Inc. and are designed to exceed the highest standards of the gaming industry. This training will position candidates to understand the complexity of games and become exceptional Dealers. The next course is slated for January 8, 2018 to January 19, 2018. Attendance for the entire course is mandatory and passing the course is a condition of on-going, permanent employment as a Card Dealer with Great Canadian.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.