River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently recruiting for a Senior Chef Tournant to join our new restaurants -Zio’s and Rock House. This position is responsible for the execution of menu item production, maintaining all company standards and thorough adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures and is assigned to an outlet as required to cover the absence of a Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares, pre-cooks, cook and presents menu items/food products in a timely fashion, following standardized recipes
- Assists in building of recipes and food products for future use in existing and future outlets.
- Submits food product requirements to the Sous Chef or F&B Manager for purchasing
- Assists management in the supervision of Commis Chef, Demi Chef, Chef de Partie
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, tools etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Assists Commis Chefs and Demi Chefs with product receipts, breakdown, storage and rotation
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating in appropriate storage areas according to health and safety procedure
- Moving food, supplies and tools to other locations as directed
- Cleans culinary equipment and tools after use and/or removes soiled equipment to the dish pit
- Serving food to customers within various settings and locations throughout the property
- Take orders over the counter at some locations
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Culinary education a plus
- Enrollment or the completion of the RED SEAL certification program through ITA a plus
- Level 2 FoodSafe, Safe Food Handling or BASICS.fst Food Handler Certificate; MSDS; WHMIS; SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Minimum 2 years progressive culinary experience
- Handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Interpersonal service skills, organization skills to plan time effectively, and work without direct supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to provide leadership in a team environment and motivating, developing, and sharing in the successes of the team
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship.
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The scheduled hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8