River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently looking for an Assistant Manager, Buffet. You will be responsible for directing the daily operations of the Buffet in the Manager's absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation, guest relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer.
Duties and responsibilities for our Assistant Manager, Buffet include:
- Providing hands on leadership and development to the Food & Beverage operation
- Implementing Food & Beverage strategic plans under the direction of the Manager
- Responding and resolving guest/customer issues
- Submitting all outlet food and beverage related POs and invoices to the manager for approval
- Maintaining Food & Beverage labour costs
- Organizing and assisting with conducting monthly inventory counts
- Sourcing out new products and services and providing recommendations for improvements
- Facilitating inspections on a regular basis to ensure consistency and reporting maintenance and supplied deficiencies
- Maximizing the revenues of our multiple F&B outlets while minimizing operating costs
- Offering Food & Beverage expertise to internal and external customers
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Developing and cultivating Great Experiences and Memories with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and colleagues)
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years Food & Beverage Management experience
- Multi-Outlet experience preferred
- Change Management experience an asset
- Post Secondary hospitality or hotel education or suitable combination of education and experience an asset
- Previous spearheading of employee engagement initiatives through leading a team of managers, supervisors, and front-line staff
- Proven track record of driving the profitability of Food & Beverage operations
- Computer literacy in MS Office; POS experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Food Safe Level 2 certification
- Serving It Right, Smart Serve or IGB certification, or the ability to obtain a Serving it Right Certification
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The scheduled hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8