River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2017 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is on the lookout for an energetic and passionate Demi Chef – Chinese Cuisine to join our team! Under the supervision of the Sous Chef, Chinese Cuisine, this position is responsible for the production and execution of Chinese menu item production, while maintaining all company standards, adhering to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures and contributing to a safe and welcome work environment for all team members and guests.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares, cooks and presents menu items following standardized recipes to our high quality standards as set by the Sous Chef, Chinese Cuisine,
- Prepares checklists and a variety of foods, garnishes, sauces, and other products as required for high volume production and execution
- Assists Commis Chefs with product receiving, breakdown, storage and rotation
- Cleans culinary equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Takes orders over the counter while providing GEM quality service to guests, as required
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience in Chinese cuisine; Wok experience considered asset
- High School Diploma
- Culinary education in authentic Asian cuisine a plus
- Level 1 FoodSafe, Safe Food Handling or BASICS.fst Food Handler Certificate; MSDS; WHMIS; SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin/Cantonese considered asset.
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship.
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The scheduled hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8