River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 - 2017 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring over 1200 slot machines, 5 poker tables and over 100 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for an energetic Server to join our F&B team in our Number 3 Chinese Restaurant. Under the direction of the F&B Duty Manager and/or Manager, F&B, this position is responsible for taking food and beverage orders and serving guests their food and beverages in the Casino.
Other responsibilities include:
- Taking guests orders and making recommendations
- Serving the guests and checking to ensure satisfaction
- Informing guests of any daily specials
- Explaining how menu items and beverages are prepared
- Preparing food and beverages if applicable
- Presenting bills upon request and taking payments
- Removing empty glassware
- Covering other sections if required
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 months of recent cash handling and customer service experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese a strong asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must work well under pressure
- Serving It Right certificate required
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Service Excellence, Drive to Succeed, Team Engagement and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including late nights, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8