Do you like having fun at work? As Halifax’s premiere entertainment destination, Casino Nova Scotia-Halifax is all about fun! After all, we are Atlantic Canada’s Biggest Deal!
When you join our team you are joining one of the largest hospitality teams in the Atlantic region. Halifax, the capital of Nova Scotia and the largest city in the Atlantic Provinces, is the major urban centre of the Maritimes. Our upbeat entertainment venue is ideally located in downtown Halifax adjacent to the charming Historic Properties. Our central location makes us easy to access by car, transit, or ferry.
We are a regional leader in the hospitality and entertainment industry and we credit this success to our employees who take great pride in helping to create great experiences and memories for our guests. We offer our guests the thrill of gaming excitement with the latest in slots action and variety of table games. We also offer live entertainment and a variety of dining options.
As an employer we are community minded and support many local charities and non-profit organizations. Along with competitive wages we offer great benefits, great opportunities to advance your career, great employee recognition programs and great social activities.
To start your career at “Atlantic Canada’s Biggest Deal”, visit www.casinonovascotia.com and click on careers to let the fun begin!
This position is responsible for ensuring food preparation in the main kitchen.
- Food preparation
- Food production
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area
• Inter-provincial journeymen’s papers (Red Seal) preferred.
• 5-8 years experience in a class hotel kitchen including 3-5 years in a cook 2 or equivalent preferred.
• International, high-volume and restaurant line cooking experience is preferred.
• Successful candidate must have proven customer service skills with both staff and guests.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, innovative and creative, high degree of self-motivation and a team player.
• Must have leadership qualities and organizational skills
• Must be able to lift 25kg repeatedly during shift.
• Must be able to work various shifts in a hot, cold and busy environment.
• *A practical test will be required as part of the interviewing process
Please apply online now or you can e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax it to 902-496-6146. Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at Casino Nova Scotia. To start creating your great experiences and memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!