River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012-2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
Are you a people-person that enjoys meeting new people? Are you up-beat, positive, and outgoing? Do you have a knack for providing exceptional customer service? River Rock Casino Resort is currently looking for guest service driven individuals who want to become Card Dealers. No previous Card Dealing experience is necessary! Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Table Games, this position is responsible for providing dealing services to our guests. Card Dealers must ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional guest service while conducting all games in a precise, efficient and secure manner
- Maintaining game integrity and adhering to policies and procedures, licensing laws and statutory regulations
- Exchanging customer cash and promotional vouchers for equivalent value chips
- Controlling the order of play; closing bets at the appropriate time; maintaining table security
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- You must be able to work 40 hours per week (hours may vary depending on operational needs) in a variety of shifts including evenings, graveyards and weekends as we operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education an asset
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Adhere to the high standards, methods and procedures of gaming at Great Canadian Casinos
- Proven guest service skills
- Strong ability to follow policies, procedures and practices
- Manual dexterity and able to stand for long periods of time
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Ability to successfully obtain a Serving It Right License
- Ability to successfully obtain a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
Potential candidates must successfully complete a twelve days paid training course. The training will be for Blackjack which is entry level for Dealers. Courses are conducted by Great Canadian and are designed to exceed the highest standards of the gaming industry. This rigorous training will position candidates to understand the complexity of games and become exceptional Dealers. All training is conducted at the Learning Centre located at 8920 Charles Street in Richmond (across the Bridgeport Bus Loop). The next course is slated for December 7, 2017 to December 22, 2017. Training hours will be 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM.
100% attendance for the entire course, as well as additional study at home is crucial in order to successfully complete the course. Passing the course is a condition of on-going permanent employment as a dealer with Great Canadian.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now @ www.riverrock.com. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8