River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently searching for a dynamic person that has a passion for the Gaming Industry. The resort offers a working environment situated in a vibrant community that is fast-paced and always full of fun and excitement. If you are the type of person who is excited to meet different people and is comfortable engaging in short conversations then a Slot Attendant position at River Rock could be your next career move. As a member of our Slot team you will provide exceptional guest support services to all our customers who are in the resort to play their luck on our slot machines.
Duties and Responsibilities of our next Slot Attendant include:
- Actively monitors and observes slot players and machines within assigned area and offers assistance, instruction and advice on the various types of games and machines in the Resort
- Act as a front-line customer service liaison including answering questions about slot games and our facility to create a fun and high energy environment for all our guests
- Perform routine procedures with slot machine printers, bill validators, adding/removing paper and fixing tilts
- Reset machines after jackpot processing
- Change bills
- Reserve machine for Slot players
- Fill ticket printers and re-stock ticket paper
- Verify and pay off jackpots and cancel credits
- Actively seek out and address customer needs and machine problems
- Assist with awareness of and excitement for on-going and up-coming Casino promotions
- Promote BC Gold Encore Card membership and usage to slot players
- Provide prompt, courteous service to assure guests have an enjoyable gaming experience
- Ensure tidiness of the assigned area at all times
- Keep control over assigned keys and PTM card and ensure return to the key cabinet at the end of the shift
- Work in compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures and/or BC Lottery Corporation (BCLC) policies and procedures; report any violations and escalate to the appropriate level as necessary
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of all Slot operations policies and procedures as well as various types of Slot machines
- Participate in a professional, constructive and supportive environment for all Casino staff with an attention to open communication and a team concept
- Preserve Casino and guest confidentiality while at work and away from work
- Adhering to all GCGC, BCLC and HR policies as they relate to functions of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on operational needs.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Cash handling experience
- Manual dexterity, technical aptitude and trouble shooting ability is an asset
- Basic knowledge of slot machine functions is an asset
- Superior interpersonal, communications skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and ability to multi task
- Ability to use two-way radios and maintain professional radio etiquette at all times
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Must work well under pressure
- Serving It Right certificate required
- Superior customer service skills
- Adherence to the high standards, methods and procedures of gaming at Great Canadian Casinos
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live Great Canadian Casinos’ Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including graveyards, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8