*** MAKE UP TO $17.00 PER HOUR ***
Are you a people-person that enjoys meeting new people and providing excellent guest service? View Royal Casino, soon to be Elements Casino Victoria, is looking for energetic, upbeat, outgoing and detail oriented individuals who are interested for the position of Card Dealer. No previous Card Dealing experience is necessary! Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Table Games, this position is responsible for providing dealing services to our guests. Card Dealers must ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional guest service while conducting all games in a precise, efficient and secure manner
- Maintaining game integrity and adhering to policies and procedures, licensing laws and statutory regulations
- Exchanging customer cash and promotional vouchers for equivalent value chips
- Controlling the order of play; closing bets at the appropriate time; maintaining table security
- Handle complimentary guest requests
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education an asset
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Adhere to the high standards, methods and procedures of gaming at Great Canadian Casinos
- Proven guest service skills
- Strong ability to follow policies, procedures and practices
- Manual dexterity and able to stand for long periods of time
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Ability to successfully obtain a Serving It Right License
- Ability to successfully obtain a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
Potential candidates must successfully complete a ten day paid training course. The training will be for Blackjack which is entry level for Dealers. Courses are conducted by Great Canadian Casinos Inc. and are designed to exceed the highest standards of the gaming industry. This training will position candidates to understand the complexity of games and become exceptional Dealers. The next course is slated for November 20, 2017 to December 1, 2017. Attendance for the entire course is mandatory and passing the course is a condition of on-going, permanent employment as a Card Dealer with Great Canadian.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
We’re all about providing great experiences both for our guests and our team. That’s why we do our best to educate and empower our team members. We make sure they are able to cultivate a positive culture and grow their skills, because we know it’s our people who make View Royal Casino the place to be. Great Canadian Casinos is proud to offer a competitive Total Rewards package including health and dental benefits, team member discounts, pension and stock options, and paid days off. Whether you’re looking for a fun place to work part-time or an opportunity to build a rewarding career, it’s all here at for you. Let’s get started!