Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
General Description of Job
Reporting to the Security Supervisor, the Security Officer monitors for activity that could be of harm to people at the Casino Complex. They are usually assigned an area of patrol and will respond to security related issues as needed. The Security Officer is required to ensure proper control of large crowds. He/She will monitor for signs of property vandalism or break & entry.
Other duties include, but are not limited to: provide information, guide traffic or respond to complaints and maintain order, observe and keep records of security-related activities, respond to service calls for escort, gaming chip fills/credits, money transport, and audits and issue and receive controlled key sets, and Vendor, Guest and Employee badges in accordance with Casino and NBLGC policies and procedures.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays. We are an approved 24x7 operation
- Must be physically capable (i.e. work shifts, stand for long period of time)
- Physical Ability: Security guards often have to handle and transport materials that are over 25lbs.
- Work within a 24/7 operation with ability to work flexible hours when required (days, evening, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Willing to submit to a criminal record check with results acceptable to our organization, standards and position, and/or obtain and maintain an NBLGC license registration
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions (Cold/Hot)
- Must be 19 years of age or older
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 6 months to 1 year demonstrated security/surveillance experience. (Preference will be given to experience in a casino environment)
- Education in related field of study including law enforcement would be a definite asset.
- Current certification in first aid.
- Trained in self-defense and diffusing difficult situations without the use of force.
- Ability to maintain calm and perform duties under stressful conditions.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism is essential
- Demonstrated report writing and incident investigation skills.
Along with competitive salaries, Casino NB also offers comprehensive Health Benefits, company matching RRSP, Paid Personal Time off Days, an employee assistance program and various corporate discounts for qualifying part-time and full-time team members.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.