River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is seeking a dynamic Server/Barista to join our onsite Starbucks. This position is responsible for preparing and serving quality coffee and other drinks to guests. Perform other support functions which may include cleaning the food preparation, customer seating or stock areas and maintaining inventory. Other responsibilities include:
- Taking guest orders and making recommendations
- Serving guests and checking to ensure satisfaction
- Explaining how menu items and beverages are prepared
- Preparing food and beverages if applicable
- Presenting bills upon request and taking payments
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- 1 year experience in a foodservice environment.
- 1 year experience handling cash and operating a cash register.
- 6 months experience in preparing /serving hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees and teas, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Providing a Great Experience and Memory to all guests, both external and internal
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including early morning, late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and operational needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8