River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Labour Relations Manager will support both River Rock Casino Resort and Hard Rock Casino in leading and influencing strategic change. The successful candidate in this position will utilize their extensive labour relations experience and leadership skills to support in managing and facilitating the relationships between Management, Team Members and the Union. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, River Rock Casino Resort and indirectly to the Manager, Human Resources, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver, Labour Relations Manager will oversee and advise on the administration of the collective agreement and manage the conflict resolution processes at both River Rock and Hard Rock.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic direction in the planning and implementation of River Rock’s and Hard Rock’s labour relation initiatives that align with the site’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Providing Management with ongoing coaching, mentoring tools and knowledge to effectively manage Team Members within a unionized environment.
- Coaching and guiding Human Resources Business Partners on employee/labour relations issues.
- Developing initiatives that foster productive relations between Management, the Union and Team Members.
- Ensuring that both sites are in full compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Providing expertise and guidance throughout the Collective Bargaining process as needed, including assisting with researching and costing proposals, preparing mandates and preparing and/or reviewing drafts of collective agreement language.
- Developing programs, training and counseling operations in progressive labour relations management on collective agreement process and language.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting information such as researching case law, reviewing precedents, arbitral jurisprudence and gathering related documentation as required.
- Ensuring that Management throughout both sites are provided with the right tools to handle disputes as they are governed by collective agreements.
- Representing the Company at arbitration and mediation
- Delivering collective agreement and other labour relations training as needed.
- Providing guidance and consultation around managing change and organizational effectiveness.
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of senior Labour Relations or relevant Management experience including collective agreement interpretation, grievance/arbitration management, advocacy and Union/Management relations.
- Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or Industrial Relations from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong understanding of team member and labour relation practices and the collective bargaining process.
- Knowledge and experience with the procedures, practices and techniques used in collective bargaining; Extensive knowledge of workplace legislation (Labour Relations Code, Human Rights Act, Employment Standards Act) and leading labour law and human rights decisions.
- Solid in-depth experience in incident investigations and grievance handling.
- Active affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement
- CPHR designation an asset.
- Computer literacy in all applications of MS Office; HRIS/JDE experience an asset.
- Serving It Right or the ability to obtain a Serving it Right Certification.
- The ability to successfully obtain a criminal record check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule. The hours of work will be based on operational needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8