Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is on the lookout for vibrant and passionate Commis Chefs to join our team! Jump on the line in one of our kitchens to create culinary fare in our food outlets. Under the supervision of the Sous Chefs, Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef, our next Commis Chefs will be responsible for the preparation of food items and maintaining all company standards through adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures. The culinary management team believes in an open-door policy, where all ideas and suggestions are welcome, in the continual quest for cuisine excellence. Join a team where individual performance is recognized and grow your career based on the merits of your achievements!
We are also having career fairs on Wednesday August 2nd from 1pm to 4pm AND Thursday August 3rd from 5pm to 8pm at Asylum at the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver on 2080 United Boulevard (Please enter through the main entrance of the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver and check in with a member of the HR Team). Please attend if you're interested in interviewing on the, please bring an up to date resume.
Duties and Responsibilities of our Commis Chef include:
- Preparing, pre-cooking and/or cooking food products
- Preparing mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures
- Receiving stock from Receiving Operations
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating in appropriate storage areas
- Counting inventory as directed
- Attending monthly culinary meetings
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership & team-members)
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Education and Qualification Requirements:
Your Benefits Could Include:
- Medical Services Plan of BC
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Great Canadian Pension Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Discounts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
Since the party never stops at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and graveyards. The hours of work will be based on guest and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. If you’re ready to “Take the Stage” apply today to join our team!
Hard Rock Casino Vancouver
2080 United Boulevard