Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Facility Attendant to join our Property Services Department, under the supervision of the Manager, Property Services. This hourly position includes mostly Live Race days (Friday through Sundays), hours varies.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Thoroughly clean and maintain cleanliness of assigned areas
- Regularly check and replace, as necessary, washroom supplies
- Sweep and clear garbage from assigned areas
- Mop/clean spills
- Assist patrons as required
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Janitorial work experience and/or training
- Must have Serving it Right certification
- WHMIS certification
- Ability/willingness to do heavy cleaning, lift/move heavy objects and climb ladders or work at heights as required
- Customer service experience an asset
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.