River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of Banquet Captain. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the overall success of the Banquet Department by executing strategies for service goals and by employing leadership and management skills effectively. Other responsibilities include:
- Review all written communications (BEO’s room/station assignments, room set ups, etc.). Make adjustments accordingly and communicate all changes with the Banquet Department.
- Check all room setups prior to each event. Meet with the Banquet Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Check all staffing needs for upcoming events
- Maintain a strong client relationship and ensure that all convention specifications are met.
- Conduct pre-function briefings to ensure grooming standards of team members ate met and inform staff of specific needs for buffet and receptions.
- Allocate stations, team partners for staff, and review banquet event orders.
- Provide daily support and guidance to fellow banquet team members as well as monitor job performance.
- Maintain a high level of service
- Assist with inventory management
- Report all maintenance, repair or housekeeping concerns to the appropriate department immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High energy, positive attitude and willingness to learn and grown
- Well presented and well groomed
- Team player
- Providing a Great Experience and Memory to all guests, both external and internal
- The ability to successfully obtain a criminal record check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8