River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012-2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently seeking a friendly, energetic and experienced Bartender. As part of our F&B Team, you will be responsible for maintaining the bar area and primarily preparing, mixing and serving beverages to our guests with the strictest regard to rules, regulations and outlet operational guidelines. You will also be an active contributor promoting a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Other responsibilities may include:
- Greeting guests by name wherever possible
- informing guests of any daily specials
- Taking the guests’ orders and making recommendations
- Preparing beverages
- Serving the guests and checking to ensure satisfaction
- Resolving guests issues or asking management for assistance
- Presenting bills upon request and taking payment in the absence of a cashier
- Cleaning tables or counters, removing glasses and re-stocking where applicable
- Performing opening or closing duties as required
- Counting cash float at end of shift if applicable
- Covering other bartenders’ sections when required
- Exercising good judgment when serving alcoholic beverages according to SIR, Smart Serve or IGB
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Setting up and tearing down for Banquet functions
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bartending and serving experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Post Secondary hospitality or hotel education an asset, Bartending certificate an asset
- Serving it Right Certification, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- POS experience an asset
- Customer service experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to standing for long periods of time
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (if required)
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including graveyards, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8