River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Demi Chef to join our dynamic culinary team. As a Demi Chef you will have the opportunity to work closely with our Executive Chef and Sous Chef. You will be responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for our guests by preparing and serving attractive and scrumptious meals while maintaining all company standards and thorough adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares, pre-cooks, cooks and presents menu items in a timely fashion; following standardized recipes
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Assists Commis Chefs with product receipts, breakdown, storage and rotation
- Cleans culinary equipment after use and/or remove soiled equipment to the dish pit
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Takes orders over the counter at some locations
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8