On-Going Opportunities Description
As an Enterprise IT Contract Coordinator, you will coordinate the preparation and evaluation of information technology requests for proposals, requests for quotations, requests for information, requests for expression of interest, sole source requests, requirements and analysis documents, including detailed specifications of technology infrastructures. We will also count on you to monitor contractor performance, in order to ensure compliance with contract and applicable laws, as well as City regulations, legislation and guidelines.
Your primary responsibilities as an Enterprise IT Contract Coordinator will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Develop master specifications for use in various RFQs, RFPs, REOI, Sole Source.
- Review, evaluate, and comment on vendor proposals to ensure conformance to City standards and requirements.
- Conduct market research on required products and services, to provide solutions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work with the Client and the Legal Services Divisions. Draft and negotiate legal agreements adhering to timelines.
- Conduct follow-ups with Client Divisions, as well as analyze, and report on current procurements and contracts.
- Identify operating and contractual deficiencies and take appropriate action.
- Prepare statements of work and negotiate contracts adhering to timelines.
- Prepare contract documents and timely processing of invoices for payment, and reconcile invoices against contracts.
- Process contract extensions, amendments and revisions, and prepare schedules and reports.
- Maintain knowledge of both current and emerging information technology trends.
- Develop performance standards and procedures, and participate in the review and formulation of policies.
- Prepare staff reports and general reports for submission to the Bid Committee, Standing Committees and City Council.
- Respond to inquiries and vendor disputes, and take corrective action.
- Coordinate projects with the Purchasing and Materials Management Division, the Legal Division, the Insurance and Risk Management Section, Client Divisions and the Financial Planning Division.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to mitigate any liabilities.
- Ensure that certificates of insurance are valid and all risk to the City is mitigated.
- Train and mentor staff.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and evaluation of information technology requests for proposals, requests for quotations, requests for information, requests for expression of interest, sole source requests, requirements and analysis documents including detailed specifications of technology infrastructures.
- Monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contract and applicable laws, City regulations, legislation, guidelines.
- Conduct follow-ups with Client Divisions, analyze and report on work methods and staffing of contracted services.
- Identify operating and contractual deficiencies and takes appropriate action.
- Analyze and report on work methods and staffing of contracted services.
- Provide guidance to law Clerk regarding contract process.
Your application for the role of Enterprise IT Contract Coordinator should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Extensive experience in contract administration.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating IT related legal agreements and statements of work, and interpreting legal terms and conditions as they apply to IT procurement.
- Extensive experience in the drafting and review of IT call documents (RFP, RFQ, REOI, etc.) and staff reports.
You must also have:
- Technical aptitude and understanding of technical concepts in order to better understand the subject matter of the contracts within the assigned portfolio.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and industry best practices for the support and delivery of IT services, in order to ensure the ongoing management of the contracts within the assigned portfolio.
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and team-building skills to minimize disputes.
- Sound decision-making skills in order to appropriately recommend, to management, options and next steps in the administration of the contracts assigned.
- Relationship management skills to communicate and work effectively with colleagues, consultants, solicitors and other internal and external contacts.
- Proficiency preparing correspondence and reports using MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, screening, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
Internal Posting Details
A Candidate List will be established and remain in effect for one (1) month after the posted opportunities have been filled. This list will be used to fill current and any additional temporary (one year or more) vacancies in the same posted position that may become available in the Information & Technology Division.
Eligibility to Apply:
- All employees are invited to apply for this position
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants with Local 79 seniority or aggregate service on the job posting closing and job offer dates
- Applicants are required to demonstrate in their application/resume that their qualifications match those specified in the job posting. Additional information submitted after the job posting closing date will not be accepted
- Assessment may include an interview, written and/or practical test. Location of assessment to be determined
- If selected for a temporary position, permanent Local 79 employees will retain their permanent status. At the end of the temporary assignment, Local 79 employees will return to their permanent base job classification
- If selected for a temporary position, temporary and part-time employees will be reassigned to the temporary position
- Work location reflects what is known at the time of posting
- An employee's reporting relationship and/or work location may change due to operational reasons and in accordance with the Local 79 Full-time Collective Agreement
- Information on preparing for City job competitions is available on the internal Job Opportunities website. If you do not have access to a computer, you may use the computers in the learning kiosks located at Etobicoke Civic Centre, Scarborough Civic Centre, St. Lawrence Hall, Public Libraries and Employment and Social Services Employment Centres located in your city of residence
How to Apply for this Opportunity: Interested candidates must apply using one of the following methods:
- Online: (recommended) If you are viewing the posting on a computer, click on the "Apply Online Now" button. If you are viewing a paper copy of the posting, go to www.toronto.ca/jobs, click on "Employee Access" and follow the instructions to view, register and apply online. You will only receive confirmation of your application if you apply online;
- Mail your application, resume and cover letter, quoting the job ID # to Elizabeth Nichol, Human Resources Consultant, Metro Hall, 9th Floor, 55 John Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3C6. Hand-delivered applications/resumes will not be accepted;
- Fax your application, resume and cover letter, quoting the job ID # to 416-696-3762.
- Applications (resumes and cover letters) must be received before midnight on the closing date stated above.
- Your employee number, name and address must be on your resume and cover letter.
- It is the employee's responsibility to ensure their contact information is correct on SAP. If you have any changes to your name, address, phone number, etc., please contact your Payroll Representative.
- Do not send duplicates of your resume and/or cover letter.