Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a PF&R Custodian within our Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division.
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
- Maintains the facility at a high level of cleanliness and tidiness, including all public areas, washrooms, outside grounds and any other related areas
- Performs routine and planned maintenance, testing and repairs to equipment and building
- May be required to operate heating and air-conditioning unit
- Provides information on an ongoing basis for the requirements of building for equipment, furnishings and supplies
- Maintains log books, files and other records in an accurate and complete manner
- Provides customer service and assistance to tenants and other facility users
- Assists tenants, facility users, City staff as well as all support care agencies who visit the facility
- Performs a variety of semi skilled work not requiring the service of licensed trades
- Identifies and reports problems requiring the services of skilled trades people
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in building mechanical systems operation and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in janitorial or caretaking work.
- Experience in the operation of various equipment associated with the facility/building.
You must also have:
- A thorough knowledge of maintenance materials and equipment.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
- Must be available to work shift/weekend/overtime/on call duty.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and written.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.