Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Pool Operator within our Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Performs tasks required for the safe and proper operation of a facility that will include pools, community centres, and surrounding grounds
- Makes minor equipment or facility repairs
- Carries out day to day janitorial duties and seasonal maintenance programs
- Produces reports concerning the operation and use of facilities
- Inspects and operates equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, pumps and filtration equipment
- Repairs and maintains swimming pools
- Set-up and takes down equipment and furnishing for all types of permits, programs, public functions and sports activities
- May perform chemical and temperature testing and maintain records of the same
- Maintains records and log books
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Provides customer service
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Certified pool operator’s certificate, and experience working in a pool environment.
You must also have:
- Must be available to work shifts and weekends
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and written
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com , quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.