Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Ticket Collector within our Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Collects fares from passengers boarding ferries and issues vehicle permits
- Sells tickets to the public. Operates cash registers
- Collects and checks tickets/cash. Makes change
- Counts, records and balances amounts received. Forwards to supervisor
- Answers inquiries regarding ferry services, island events, rentals, permits etc. from the public
- Maintains ticket booth, sweeping floor and cleaning windows as required
- Issues vehicle tickets to permit holders re: freight ferry. Charges/collects fees, as required. Balances for deposit
- Occasionally answers phones and takes messages
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Ability to handle cash and to make change rapidly and accurately.
- Eligible for bonding.
- Must be available to work shifts/ weekends.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.