Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Ski Centre Servicer within our Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Determines and takes corrective measures to ensure a high quality and safe skiing surface
- Operates various types of motor vehicles, snow grooming machines, mechanized snowmaking equipment and ski lifts
- Performs annual set-up and dismantling of the Ski Centre and the maintenance and repairs to the snowmaking system, grooming equipment and ski lifts
- Completes reports of the duties performed, difficulties, facility use and complaints
- Provides general supervision of the facility including maintenance of indoor areas (washrooms, common areas of ski chalets) and ensures the terms of permits are upheld
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Several years' experience in operating motorized vehicles, specialized snow grooming machines etc.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a current Certificate of Qualification as a Lift Mechanic (minimum SLM-T: Ski Lift Mechanic in Training) in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com , quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.