- The salary/rate reflects 2017 rates.
As a member of the Enterprise Business Services team, the Lead ERP Application Specialist (BI/BW) will lead the City’s Enterprise Applications Systems projects by ensuring thorough planning, developing and implementation of Enterprise Applications Solutions.
Your primary responsibilities as a Lead ERP Application Specialist (BI/BW) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Implement detailed plans and recommend policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervise, motivate and train assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervise the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorize and coordinate vacation and overtime requests. Monitor and evaluate staff performance, approve salary increments, hear grievances and recommend disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide input into and administer assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Plan and implement upgrades, new releases, new functionality and deployment of Enterprise Applications Systems to new business units.
- Prepare documentation detailing the processes followed in the Enterprise Applications Systems and assist in the establishment of policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage Business Cases, Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quotation (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) and participates in the evaluation and selection of technical solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert to management on emerging technology trends and guidance on various Enterprise Applications Systems technology roadmaps.
- Provide resource support for other areas of the City including Agencies, Boards and Commissions in their implementation of Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Plan and develop short and long term work packages.
- Participate, investigate and coordinate the response to the annual internal and external audit and ensures compliance with audit complaint processes.
- Develop and submit performance indicators and standards for the section to measure operational effectiveness, customer satisfaction and to establish employee objectives. Monitor customer service feedback as appropriate.
- Prepare work estimates, status reports as required for sponsors, managers and/or senior management team.
- Plan, establish priorities, monitor and adjust work to accomplish goals impacting the City's divisions including projects that affect the City's operation, Agencies, Boards and Commissions as required through new implementations or upgrades.
- Establishes corporate standards and maintains the Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with division personnel by providing advice and guidance on the use of the Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Ensure integrity and security of City's confidential data, records, reports and sensitive information in accordance with corporate policy and SAP standards.
- Manage and provide solutions to issues/barriers identified in the operations of the Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Participate on project teams that require technical expertise and leadership in areas involving Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Coordinate the unit’s operations related to Enterprise Applications Systems maintenance.
- Advise Divisions, City Agencies, Boards and Commissions on various issues related to Enterprise Applications Systems.
- Lead initiative to gather and decipher the business needs and identifies solutions by working with business and the technology areas to gather requirements for development and management.
- Oversee the analysis, validates and the documentation of business and system requirements.
- Conduct and lead the workshops to formalize designs. Modify and create business processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions, thorough review of research and fact-finding combined with understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
- Lead IT initiatives by following the systems development life cycle (SDLC) approach and successfully manages all the phases of initiation, planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise applications.
Your application for the role of Lead ERP Application Specialist (BI/BW) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Project management experience in all stages of complex IT projects, with emphasis on financial management, estimating resources, critical path identification and successful project delivery in a large, diverse computing environment.
- Experience gathering business requirements, developing business cases, writing functional specifications, developing requests for proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent SAP tools and methodologies: ASAP Methodology, SAP Solution Manager (Project Management, Change Management/Charm, Service Request Management, Incident Management, SAP Test Data Migration Server, Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA), SAP Quality Center by HP (HPQC) .
- Considerable experience in understanding, analyzing and triage the business requirements related to the various BI/BW technologies like Bex design, Bex query development, design of cubes, Info providers, Datamarts, dashboard designs and BW 7.3 or above release as the key data source to SAP Business Objects BI implementations. Experience with SAP BW on HANA would be an asset.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, ETL roles in SAP BW largescale project implementations, BODS and SAP Direct extractor.
- Experience in providing status reporting for Service requests and Incidents for project and sustainment activities.
- Experience and good understanding of Quality assurance testing strategies, practical experience in supporting the business in the development of quality assurance (testing) plan is also required.
- Experience in documenting sustainment support processes and managing the project cutovers.
- Experience in supervising and coaching internal business and technical team members on a project basis.
- Experience in supervising contracted resources, reporting work assignment progress against budget and assessing performance on a project basis.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, current and emerging information management concepts and technologies, including information management, component-based design, object- oriented techniques, business/data modelling methodologies, meta data repository management, relational database management technology, business intelligence and decision support for a multi-tiered, multi-platform, network-centric computing environment.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and considerable experience working on large-scale information technology projects, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective consulting relationships with corporate clients and vendors, using a strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of emerging architectures, technologies or products such as data warehousing, e-service, quality assurance tools, data retention and document management, particularly as they relate to integration with the SAP system environment.
- Ability to provide coaching, training and work direction to other project staff effectively, as well as appraise work outcomes and quality accurately and fairly as input to the manager.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, facilitation, effective conflict resolution skills interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively lead meetings, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation.
- Effective decision making and leadership skills, including innovation, results orientation, fiscal accountability, and the ability to promote and foster teamwork and excellence.
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.