As an Enterprise Application Services team member in the Enterprise Application Solutions, the Senior Systems Integrator IT (Supervisor, Enterprise Application Services) will provide direction, leadership and guidance to a team responsible for support and maintenance of enterprise Time Attendance & Scheduling System (TASS) and providing technical and business support to various client divisions.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Systems Integrator IT (Supervisor, Enterprise Application Services) include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and report on detailed project and sustainment plans of varying levels of complexity and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Oversee recruitment selection, labour relations, performance appraisal, training and supervision of assigned staff.
- Supervise, motivate and train assigned team members, as well as contracted staff with respect to specific projects, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervise day to day operations including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work.
- Authorize and co-ordinate vacation and overtime requests. Monitor and evaluate staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide input into and administer assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Lead, facilitate and contribute to the design, creation, development, release, sustainment and upgrade of enterprise applications and IT solutions, including formalized project & solution management and methodology, release management methodology, integrated regression testing, Service Oriented architecture, solution architecture, data modeling, metadata, service delivery and support.
- Responsible to Executive and senior management, business and technical stakeholders for all aspects of involved projects, including the project charter, project plan and schedule, progress, budget, risk management, issue management, change management, resource management, quality review/best practices.
- Provide budget and financial management such as sole source requests; contract negotiations; leasing agreements; business cases; feasibility and cost/benefit analysis
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of various formal contractual documents such as Request for Information/Proposal/Quotation/Resource (RFI/P/Q/R), Statement Of Work (SOW), Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Provide leadership in the evaluation, selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services; manages vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Identify and develop cross divisional initiatives to produce synergies and economies of scale.
- Negotiate with Executive and senior management, clients and various stakeholders often with competing and conflicting goals, objectives and priorities.
- Provide assessments and recommendation of new technology trends on the effective use, acquisition and integration of technology by the City.
- Identify and analyze current business processes and practices in the context of evolving information architecture, technology architecture and performance measures; prepares feasibility study and recommends overall technical solutions for business initiatives leveraging existing enterprise infrastructure investments.
- Recommend and implement security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with both the Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy and Protection Act (MFIPPA), and corporate and legislated standards regarding the storage, processing and retention of confidential data.
- Recommend, establish and sustain various project management structures that span one or more levels of government.
- Assesse and recommend scalable multi-jurisdictional business and technical solutions that meet client and business requirements in the context of City standards, policies and procedures for information technologies and architectures. This includes determining requirements, conducting research and evaluations and obtaining all approvals and signoffs.
- Inform and educate senior managers, business users and technology peers on technology trends, and the effective use of business and technology solutions and information management.
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator IT (Supervisor, Enterprise Application Services) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline with extensive development and sustainment experience in large scale integrated IT solutions or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive experience in implementing and supporting enterprise software products that are integrated in business solutions, through modern integration technology using APIs, JMS as well as other traditional data integration approach, including integration interface development and release cycles.
- Considerable experience with supervising IT staff/contractors and coaching staff, as well as appraise work outcomes and quality accurately and fairly as input to the manager.
- Considerable project management experience in leading all stages with emphasis on financials, estimating resources, RFI/P/Q/R, contracts and specific successful project deliveries according to an established methodology.
- Experience with business requirement gathering techniques and solution design documentation standards such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and considerable and specific experience leading and writing business requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience in all stages of the system development life-cycle utilizing an enterprise architecture approach and system development methodologies.
- Experience leading test planning, test-case development and test execution activities covering various types of testing including unit-testing, integration testing, functional testing, stress testing, performance testing and security testing.
- Experience using several of the following technologies, tools, products and methodologies: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Bates Project Management Methodology (PMBOK compliant), Java technology, SQL server database, SQL Reporting Services, HTML5, JBoss, Tomcat, Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, SAP HCP), Kronos Workforce Centre v8.0, Kronos TeleStaff V5.0 and HP Testing Suite.
- Proven customer service orientation along with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team environment and to work independently as required.
- Ability to develop project plans, projections and cost/benefit analysis of proposed solutions.
- Ability to develop, maintain and execute both test plans and disaster recovery plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present and compose written documents appropriate for business clients, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, afternoons, nights and weekends, as required.
- Ability to be on call for support of production systems, as required.
- Ability to travel across various office locations within the City of Toronto, as required.
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.