NOTE: This job has been amended. The 1 temporary, 12 month position in the 311 Quality & Performance Section has been cancelled.
As part of the 311 Toronto Information & Business Development team or Project Management Office, the Business Analyst 311 will conduct research and analysis for the division to identify a range of feasible options for operations, policies, technology, information systems and management practices and assess the implications and viability of each option and recommend changes to improve service delivery.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements
- Conducts research and analysis in assigned area ensuring that the research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government
- Collects and maintains service inventories for projects
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations
- Provides leadership on the implementation of 311 initiatives
- Develops options for policies, procedures, business process reviews, management practices, and recommends changes to support management functions and improves efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery that are aligned with goals of the Corporation
- Manages one or more subprojects of various 311 Initiatives
- Co-ordinates the implementation of assigned subprojects with other components of 311, e-City or other city initiatives
- Develops and documents, with key stakeholders, standard operating policies and procedures and develops appropriate training programs
- Supports and upholds the maintenance of the division's records management
- Supports the project management office and leads inter-divisional teams and working groups
- Assists in building and managing co-operative relationships with other City divisions to ensure adequate resources are available to achieve the project goals
- Creates a variety of materials including web content, visual presentations, briefing materials and other documentation as required
- Provides presentation support, and delivers presentations as required
- Develops terms of reference and methodologies for review
- Consults and provides strategic advice to 311 management regarding research, reports and corporate initiatives
- Monitors current social, economic and political issues that impact relevant policy directions for 311
- Reports on status of reports to 311 management
- Deals with confidential and sensitive information affecting 311 and its resources
- Provides support and recommendations related to confidential business realignments with 311
- Manages vendors and external contractors
- Prepares Request for Information/Purchase/Quotations (RFI/P/Q) and other formal project documentation
- Takes an active role as a member of the project team and contributes to the overall work planning and priority setting of the project, providing direction when required
- Post-secondary education in public or business administration or other discipline pertinent to the job function or a combination of education and experience. MBA and/or PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Considerable experience working on and leading multiple projects along with cross-functional teams, developing project plans and terms of reference design, using formal project management methodology and application.
- Experience assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Experience in document collection and retrieval, and records and information management.
- Ability to facilitate small and large group meetings and working sessions.
- Ability to perform statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills to prepare reports, proposals and deal effectively with city staff, city councillors, senior management and the public.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Effective decision-making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills with a results-oriented approach and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of occupational health and safety.
- Information & Business Development - 1 Permanent
- 311 Project Management Office - 2 Temporary, 12 Months
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.