To lead OpenText Records Management Development and Sustainment project teams providing senior technical consulting and analysis to business. Lead the development, configuration, testing, quality assurance of OpenText solutions for Physical and Electronic records management and contribute to the project planning to deliver and sustain critical enterprise business applications and information.
Your primary responsibilities as a Corporate Application Technical Lead will be varied, but you will be expected to:
- Directs business and technical inter-divisional staff and professional services to deliver and sustain complex, critical enterprise business applications and information through the application life-cycle and reports progress to manager, stakeholders and team members and ensures successful delivery of solutions adhering to project management methodology
- Directs the day to day work output of staff and resources including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work tasks to ensure a continuing and consistent service by sustaining complex, critical enterprise business applications and information.
- Negotiates amongst divisional business and technical stakeholders with multiple points of view to drive consensus for corporate-wide solution designs.
- Brings together multiple stakeholders from across all divisions and provides expert advice within the context of corporate architectures, standards, policies, procedures and emerging technologies.
- Determines project requirements, analyzes and recommends feasible options, designs, builds and/or codes, acquires, tests, and implements enterprise information structures and applications, and sustains information technology solutions to meet critical City-wide and divisional business objectives and to provide scalable enterprise solutions.
- Applies technical expertise to recommend, develop and maintain corporate policies, procedures and standards that are consistent with legislation to ensure enterprise information and applications integrity.
- Applies technical expertise to ensure security, privacy and quality assurance requirements are implemented in a manner that delivers business requirements and is consistent with MFIPPA and legislation, thereby ensuring the integrity of complex enterprise information and applications.
- Applies project management expertise to lead and/or input to project management and procurement processes including the evaluation and recommendation of complex technical solutions and professional services.
- On a project basis, provides direction and assigns work to non I&T positions e.g. divisional unit staff (management & bargaining-unit).
- Applies technical expertise to develop and/or input to procurement and project management documentation. Examples include business cases, RFI/P/Qs, Sole Sources, statements of work, service level agreements, project charters, project plans, status reports, issue logs, change orders, resource plans, budgets, migration plans, contingency plans and risk assessments.
- Communicates effectively e.g. leading and facilitating meetings, preparing and delivering presentations and reports. Audiences include business/project managers, project team members and other orders of government and external parties.
- Develops and/or applies complex business and application models, information structures, data models, data schemas, technical program code, network and security interfaces, data and application design as governed by architectural frameworks, technology standards, information policies and legislative requirements.
- Applies a strong understanding of information and technology industry and City priorities over both the short and longer term to advise, develop and maintain City infrastructures, methodologies, tools and techniques; ensures conformance and adherence in daily practice among business and technical teams.
- Actively participates in corporate and cross-divisional initiatives to design, construct and implement business and application infrastructure solutions, such as; data warehousing, document management and electronic service delivery.
- Analyzes and recommends changes to current business practices, business and information processes, data flows, performance measures, information delivery and knowledge utilization toward a more efficiently managed and coherently integrated information environment for all divisions in the City.
- Generates the plan and directs the project team in the execution of software upgrade activities.
- Applies technical expertise to perform analysis, development and testing for new or enhancements to existing complex, critical enterprise business applications and information.
- Applies technical expertise to support the development and testing environments of complex computing solutions
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline, with considerable experience in leading the design, development, configuring and testing of Enterprise solutions or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- OpenText certifications or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience as a Technical Project lead for Enterprise OpenText Records Management Implementations.
- Experience in using OpenText for Physical and Electronic Records management.
- Experience working with various OpenText architectures - mid to large Enterprise solutions.
- Considerable experience and understanding in developing and configuring OpenText solutions using OScript, Jscript, CSS and SQL query (including WebReports) to create reports
- Experience in a lead development role - coordinating staff and activities to meet deliverables for customized OpenText solutions and configurations.
- Extensive experience in implementation of business workflows to support all phase of records management lifecycle and governance model.
- Experience in OpenText and Microsoft SharePoint Online integration.
- Experience in OpenText Directory Services and Active Directory Integration.
- Experience with SharePoint and OpenText records management working together using OpenText Application Governance and Archiving.
Must also have:
- Must be proficient with the following technologies: OpenText; Content Server, Archive Centre, Directory Service, InfoFusion Integration Centre, Oracle, AGA plugin for SharePoint, Reporting using OpenText WebReports
- Capable in using Microsoft Project for planning and analysis.
- Ability to use OpenText Integration Center
- Knowledgeable in Information Management and Information Architecture for OpenText Projects
- Capable of working in Fast Paced Environment, meeting deadlines and stressful situations involving OpenText and Content Server support and development deliverables
- Knowledgeable of integrating OpenText and Mobile technologies.
- Understanding with OpenText Content Server, Search and Security Administration
- Knowledgeable of OpenText licensing models
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting ability, verbal and written communication skills, work under strict deadlines in a high paced working environment and the ability to interact with all levels of staff necessary
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.