In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of BC Emergency Health Services, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at BC Emergency Health Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all patient and employee safety aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Logistics & Projects, the Metro Vehicle Service Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of maintenance and repairs to ambulance and support vehicle fleet for the Greater Vancouver area and for maximizing BCEHS resource availability. The Metro Vehicle Service Coordinator will ensure appropriate quality assurance and improvement for related items, on an ongoing basis, in accordance with BCEHS policies and procedures.
1. Coordinates with the service centres to schedule units for service and to ensure delivery of all vehicles in the case of vehicle break-downs and for regular preventative maintenance and repairs. Using a mileage/hour report indicating which vehicles require preventative maintenance; coordinating the availability of the scheduled vehicles while ensuring an adequate amount of vehicles are available for operational deployment; reporting and tracking the status of vehicle deficiencies/repairs in a timely manner.
2. Ensures operational needs of the Logistics department are met by scheduling staff including maintaining timekeeping/payroll records in accordance with applicable collective agreements and BCEHS policies/procedures.
3. Coordinates the movement of the fleet to and from the service centres and for operational purposes and, on occasion, directly to incidents (i.e. multi-patient). At times moving the vehicle him/herself.
4. Identifies problems, liaises with Service Centres staff, Managers, Unit Chiefs, and Paramedic staff to ensure quick turnaround of vehicle and equipment to minimize downtime so that resource availability is maximized and ultimately patient care is not compromised.
5. Assists the Manager, Logistics & Projects with inventory checking, including data input of fleet and equipment inventory and availability.
6. Reviews, investigates and forwards to appropriate individuals, all vehicle and equipment checks and reports flagged by other staff and repair centres; filing the closed reports from QA/QI ensuring to track themes and reoccurring problems.
7. Provides courier services to stations including delivery and pick up of medical equipment, and may include the restocking of stations and ambulances, posting of Paramedic Service notices, and couriering of confidential documents, payroll and other documentation.
8. Reports to the Manager, Logistics & Projects on the work unit’s activities, assists in developing plans for delivery of services, and advises and recommends improvements to the system, specifically in the vehicle and supply area.
9. Compiles research data and other information for the purpose of reporting to the Logistics Manager, Quality Assurance, as well as investigating loss or damage of equipment to determine whether equipment should be replaced or the procurement of new equipment is warranted.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 and four years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
A valid Class 5 drivers license
Skills and Abilities
(i) Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
(ii) Ability to deal with others effectively.
(iii) Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
(iv) Ability to organize work.
(v) Ability to operate related equipment.