In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA. As such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Informatics, or designate, the Specialist, the subspecialty of all medical specialties transforms health care by analyzing, designing, implementing, and evaluating information and communication systems to improve patient care, enhance access to care, advance individual and population health outcomes, and strengthen the clinician-patient relationship. Clinical Informatics sits at the intersection of information science, information systems, workflow and processes, leadership and management and clinical care. It is how data is acquired, structured, stored, processed, retrieved, analyzed, presented, and communicated. The Specialist leads and promotes the integration of computer and communications technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence based clinical practices, access to patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in collaboration with clinical leaders, service and program managers and directors, physicians and staff.
As an integral site/service/program/organization based member of a multi-disciplinary leadership team, the Specialist works to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of clinical initiatives that assist in the successful transitioning to a fully integrated EHR throughout PHSA programs and services.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health or patient care/clinical related specialty and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership. Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments is an asset. Current full practicing registration with the applicable provincial College or Association is required.
• Maintains clinical competency, practice standards of care, and knowledge; and supports the integration of evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
• Demonstrated experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques.
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and practice in effective problem solving techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical, operational and vendor staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Demonstrates change management orientation in their work and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, facilitate and lead others.
• Demonstrates strong research and evaluation skills.
• Advanced computer skills with current multiple applications relevant to the role.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to an extended hours schedule during go live periods may be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go live period.
Applications Accepted Until Postition Is Filled