Program Support Coordinator
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient care and safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Program Support, the Program Support Coordinator’s primary function is to provide efficient administrative support relating to the education and training programs, working as part of a team to coordinate a range of administrative, financial, purchasing, and clerical functions related to the educational activities and services provided by BCEHS Learning Division.
- Act as a point of contact for Learning by answering routine enquires, trouble shooting enrollments and other related enquires on educational programs within Learning.
- Assist the Program Support Supervisor and others as directed, with administrative support including:
- Preparing and organizing education courses and itineraries as required
- Accountable for purchasing and maintaining levels for stationary, program materials, and course supplies, including submission to finance for payment
- Determining the availability and price of facilities and catering and finalizes agreements related to bookings
- Logging, distributing and filing of training related forms
- Assisting in the updating and development of online resources
- Screening incoming materials, sorting, prioritizing, logging (using CLIFF system), tracks and distributes incoming correspondence and briefing notes and maintaining a bring-forward system.
- Maintains the ARCS/ORCS records management system by identifying and classifying records, setting up proper filing, offsite storage, retrieval and disposal of records for the office.
- Creates documents such as memos, correspondence, emails, reports, PowerPoint presentations, presentation materials, graphics and spreadsheets using established software applications.
- Develops and maintains databases, contact lists, email distribution lists and phone lists.
- Assist Learning in delivering education programs to operational employees, including:
- Coordinating venues, catering and travel arrangements
- Preparing and maintaining of course rosters, attendance and accreditation data
- Preparing and delivering course materials
- Producing program reports and reconciling and/or or auditing reports for finance, for course and travel expenses.
- Tracking financial expenses for course delivery; identifying concerns to responsible manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and education.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.