BC Cancer Vancouver, $30.75 to $38.33 per hour
What you’ll do
- Performs biological sequence searches by: Maintains GSC biological databases.
- Inputting laboratory data into GSC analysis programs.
- Running data through public data bases and according to established protocol determines whether noted probability constitutes an acceptable match.
- Running biological sequence data through search tools available on-line via world-wide web (WWW) interfaces and according to established protocol determines whether noted probability constitutes an acceptable match.
- Documenting any matches located.
- Responds to data requests from the scientific community by searching for biological sequence information currently available on public databases and prepares summaries of the relevant information located.
- Tests and validates new data analysis software.
- Performs data manipulation and transformation by creating programming scripts using tools such as PERL, AWK, SED and UNIX shells.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized Bachelor of Science Program in either Biological Sciences or Computer Science.
- Two (2) year’s of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the GSC Group Leaders.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $30.75 to $38.33 per hour
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0900 - 1700
Reference number: 91903
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 17, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.