Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Research, Vancouver
What you’ll do
- Provide input into the development of new techniques and/or independently develop them and interpret bioinformatics analyses results and report findings to lab members.
- Implement new techniques and validate the approach against the data.
- Perform and optimize bioinformatics experiments related to the validated techniques.
- Demonstrate work methods and procedures to designated technical personnel.
- Search scientific literature for relevant techniques and applications.
What you bring
- Graduation with a Bachelor of Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or Computer Science degree.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in a research laboratory including experience in programming, version control, and databases; web development in the Linux environment; data standards, including XML; standard bioinformatics techniques (depending on area of expertise including flow cytometry, biological pipeline development, software development); high throughput data analysis of genomic data; approaches for clustering, classification, quality assessment, normalization, and visualization; and writing technical papers and manuscripts or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (from March 2020 until March 2021)
Wage: $32.99 to $41.15 per hour
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0900 - 1700
Requisition Number: 91848
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 16, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.