Operating Room Nurse
BC Cancer Abbotsford
This invaluable role will find you using your patient care experience and clinical knowledge to provide perioperative care to surgical patients, as well as nursing care that ensures patients and their families are aware of the spectrum of services at BC Cancer and in the community.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Coordinator, you will be called upon to function as a scrub and circulator nurse during special procedures. You will participate as a member of our health team to identify patient needs and communicate patient-related information in order to maintain efficiency and interpretation of the treatment plan.
What you bring
You are a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Graduation from an Operating Room post-diploma program preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR (Level C) certification
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual on Call (Monday to Friday)
Wage: $34.83 - $45.73 per hour
Location: 32900 Marshall Road Abbotsford BC
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca, part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Watch this video to learn more about being a nurse at BC Cancer.
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.